Repurpose plastic bottles to create hanging baskets or pots with this simple DIY. These are cheap and easy to make and can be used both indoors or outdoors for planting decorative flowers or edible herbs. Plus it's a great way to reuse plastic bottles!
What you need:
- Any size plastic bottle(s)
- Scissors or craft knife
- String or floral wire
- drill bit
- potting soil
- flowers or herbs (seeds or plants)
- a few small rocks
What to do:
- Remove label from bottle and rinse the inside.
- Lay bottle on its side and draw a rectangle in the middle of the bottle.
- Use scissors or craft knife to cut out the rectangle opening.
- Use a drill bit to create holes on both sides of the opening and, if using outside, a few drainage holes at the bottom.
- Feed a piece of string or floral wire through the holes on the side of the opening and tie off/twist together to create a loop to use for hanging the planter.
- Place a few small rocks at the bottom of the planter to cover the drainage holes to prevent soil from washing away.
- Fill planter with potting soil and plants or seeds.
- Hang planter, water regularly and watch your plants grow!