Our family tries to make it a point to sit down and eat together whenever possible. There are many benefits to sitting down together for meals: Kids are more inclined to try new foods and thus become less picky eaters, children are more likely to eat more servings of fruits and vegetables, and its time spent together that can strengthen relationships. Mealtimes also happens to be the more stressful part of our day, so I'm always looking for a quick, easy way to feed everyone that can lighten the load on days when I just don't have the time or the want to cook.
I love that I can just grab one of Blount's Family Kitchen Bowls, pop it into the microwave and in minutes have a meal that looks and tastes like a home-made meal. Add a side salad and dinner is on the table in less than 10 minutes.
Blounts Family Kitchen is a family-owned company and has been since they started in 1880. They offer simple, convenient, quality meals made in small batches that are refrigerated, not frozen. They've had their hand in prepared food for fine-dining restaurants across the county for years, and now offer home-style meals you can heat & eat right in minutes. Foods like:
- Beef Stroganoff with Noodles: Tender stew beef in a decadent sour cream sauce with egg noodles.
- Macaroni and Beef in Tomato Sauce: A classic American comfort dish with ground beef and elbow macaroni in a chunky tomato sauce. (Previously American Chop Suey)
- Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo with Penne: White meat chicken and broccoli with penne pasta in a parmesan-garlic alfredo sauce.
- Chicken with Noodles in Marsala Wine Sauce: White meat chicken and penne pasta in savory mushroom sauce with sweet Marsala wine.
- Chicken with Noodles in Marsala Wine Sauce: White meat chicken and noodles in a hearty sauce with sweet peas and carrots
I will tell you what I loved the most about these convenient little meal bowls: My kids LOVED them (even the picky one, who said he didn't, but then ate all it and asked for more). I really liked it, too. I'll definitely be keeping a few of these on hand for the days when I have no idea what's for lunch, or the chicken I pulled to thaw is still frozen, or I'm exhausted (or just HUNGRY!).
We found ours at Food Lion, in the deli section. Here are a few ways you can save some money if you decide to give these try:
- Click over HERE to print a coupon to save $4 on any 2 Blount's Family Kitchen Bowls
- Use the Ibotta App to save $1
Disclaimer: I was provided with free product and compensation for my honest review. All the thoughts and opinions expressed in this article are my own. Like this article? Subscribe to our weekly e-newsletter!