Hello MacKid Family!
I love November. Leaves in NC are orange and yellow and seem to glow when the sun hits them. Halloween is over and done, Christmas is coming but it's not close enough to stress over it. Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving.
The older I get it seems like Thanksgiving becomes more and more my favorite Holiday. Don't get me wrong, I adore all things Halloween and Christmas- I could leave my tree up the entire month of January if the dog and the kids would leave it alone- but there is much to love about Thanksgiving. You don't need a costume (in fact, you're welcome to stay in pajamas at my house, especially this year). There's no pressure to buy the perfect gift. All you need is family, food, and a grateful heart.
A lot of you won't have the Thanksgiving you had last year- myself included. Instead of traveling out of town or welcoming guests into our homes, many of us will be scheduling video calls with our loved ones. Some of us aren't even able to do that. Still, I believe there is much to be thankful for, and many more blessings to come.
5 Things To Do This Week:
1. Download Ibotta, and look for the Free Thanksgiving Day Meal Deal. I already did mine and got my cashback in 2 days. So if you're strapped for cash this Holiday season, this is a great way to save some money on Thanksgiving Dinner. If you aren't familiar with Ibotta, you have to add the deal on the app to your account, and then scan the receipt from your purchase. Click here to sign up for an account, it's free.
2. Sign up for "It's Santa Calling" with Hickory Parks & Rec- you can choose between having Santa call your kids or send them a personalized letter. If you want more time with Santa, be sure to check out our Santa sitings here.
3. Get your creative juices flowing and sign up for Hickory Art Museum's Art for All, which takes place on November 17th.
4. Print our Thanksgiving Placemats for your kid's table.
5. Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell me something you're grateful for this year- I'll anonymously share the answers I get on our social media feeds all month long.